Top blogging tips-a checklist
“A blog is really two things. One, simply a piece of technology, a platform. But, two, it is a promise in the minds of most readers, who expect that the blog should have actual content with some elements of value that is hyper-targeted to their needs. Much like with a newspaper. Readers don’t just look at a newspaper as newsprint that is delivered on their driveway every morning. They look at it as valuable information about their city, where they live, and the things that they do.” Daniel Burstein
Tips to consider when blogging
I also found some useful advice in “The Golden Rules of Blogging (&When to Break Them)”, by Robin Houghton. Some of his ‘rules’ are as follows:
- Blog for your target audience-have a clear idea who you want to read your blog and target your blog posts to their interests.
- Have a professional mind-set-aim high in terms of quality of content.
- Check your stats regularly.
- Post daily if you want your blog to become a hive of discussion.
- Always check your grammar and spelling.
- Keep blog posts short.
- End with a question-people are more likely to comment.
- Blog about your topic not about yourself.
- Always include at least one image.
- Killer headlines are essential.
- Publicize your blog posts on Social Media.
- Keep the look clean and uncluttered.
- Optimize every post with keywords.
- Engage your audience.